Land Use & Water
Our land use group provides clients with experienced and practical legal counsel at all stages of the development process. We represent clients with respect to all aspects of real property development, including:
- Conferring with clients in project planning and in preparing and managing environmental (CEQA) review and assessment;
- Advising on regulatory compliance issues regarding such matters as planning and zoning, endangered species, and historic resources laws;
- Obtaining entitlements and approvals for real estate developers and landowners, handling legal filings throughout the development process, and assisting with project implementation and condition compliance;
- Developing, purchasing, retaining and transferring water supplies, as well as assisting water rights holders in complying with regulatory requirements;
- Providing strategic advice and representation of clients before administrative agencies with jurisdiction over development projects, including planning commissions, city councils, boards of supervisors, water and sewer agencies, air-pollution control districts, Cal-Trans, and the California Coastal Commission; and
- Litigating land use and real property claims.
Our land use group has successfully obtained and defended development entitlements for resort hotels, golf courses, regional shopping centers, major subdivisions, industrial parks, low/moderate income housing projects, and institutional, commercial and residential buildings.