Our employment law group is knowledgeable and experienced in all areas of employment law. We provide practical advice concerning day-to-day workplace practices, workplace investigations, and claims. Our trial attorneys have successfully handled hundreds of wrongful termination, discrimination, and harassment matters in federal, state, and appellate courts for both private and public employers.
Our clients include a wide variety of privately and publicly held business entities of all sizes, including hospitals and healthcare providers, public entities, schools, non-profit entities, hospitality businesses, retail, manufacturers, high-technology companies, agricultural companies, financial institutions, and many other large and small businesses.
The employment law group provides proactive and timely legal advice and counseling to help our clients solve problems in the workplace and prevent lawsuits. We offer practical guidance and highly skilled representation on issues such as:
- Wage and hour law;
- Hiring, discipline, and termination;
- Leave and pay;
- Discrimination, harassment, and retaliation;
- Workplace privacy issues, drug and alcohol use and testing;
- Compensation and benefit plans;
- Personnel policies and employment contracts;
- Auditing employment practices, audits to secure compliance with state and federal law;
- Labor commissioner disputes and complaints filed with state and federal agencies; and
- Employment related claims in state and federal court.
We also conduct confidential and efficient investigations into complaints of sexual harassment, discrimination, and other workplace disputes. Our employment attorneys provide training and workshops for employers, managers, supervisors, and employees on wide ranging topics that enhance their performance and reduce the risk of liability in the workplace.