Our tax practice encompasses a broad range of tax matters, including:
- Tax planning for business sales, acquisitions and mergers, including business succession planning.
- Tax counseling regarding the formation, operation and dissolution of corporations, “S” corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies.
- Tax counsel relating to real estate and lending transactions, including the sale and acquisition of real property, Section 1031 “like kind” property exchanges, Section 1033 condemnations, leases and loan workouts.
- Tax representation of clients before the Internal Revenue Service, Franchise Tax Board, California Board of Equalization, and property tax assessment appeal boards in matters relating to income taxes, payroll taxes, sales and use taxes, property taxes, and gift and estate tax.
- Tax counsel relating to the formation, operation and dissolution of tax exempt entities, including public charities, private foundations, and family foundations.
Our wealth of experience and knowledge in tax law enables us to address complex tax planning issues and provide effective advocacy in tax disputes. Troy Kingshaven holds a postdoctoral degree (LL.M) in Taxation making him uniquely qualified to address complex tax matters.